Got this in my email, courtesy of Alexander Zeberg (you know who you are)
Things to ponder:
1. Why do supermarkets make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front?
2. Why do people order cheeseburger, large fries and a diet coke?
3. Why do banks leave vaultdoors open and then chain the pens to the counter?
4. Why do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in our driveways but put our useless junks in the garage?
5. Why the sun lightens our hair but darken our skin?
6. Why can't women put on mascara with their mouth closed?
7. Why don't you ever see the headline "psychic wins lottery"?
8. Why is 'abbreviated' such a long word?
9. Why is it doctors call what they do 'practise'?
10. Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring while dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
11. Why is the man who invests all your money is called a broker?
12. Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
13. Why isn't there mouse-flavoured cat food?
14. Why do they sterilise needles for lethal injections?
15. Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?